Looking for an engaging, dynamic speaker who blends humor and professionalism into a wide range of topics? That'd be Kara. (At least that's what folks tell her.)
In addition to being a long-time member Toastmasters, Kara's background includes 15 years of designing and facilitating training. From one-on-one instructor led training sessions to giving presentations and speeches in front of 4,500 people, she possess a wide variety of speaking experience. She also keeps a blog of her road to having kids, which was conveniently side-tracked by uterine cancer (yes, that place where the baby usually goes).
Speaking Engagements and Clients Include
- My TEDx talk: TEDxYouth@BommerCanyon
- Southeastern Journalism Conference (University of Tennessee, Martin)
- Social Media Camp: San Diego
- University of California, San Diego Medical School
- San Diego Science Alliance BE WiSE Summer Academy
- San Diego Chargers Cheerleaders - NFL Charger Girls
- Toastmasters Leadership Institute
- eLearning Guild Conference
- Training Conference
- Pennsylvania State University
- San Diego State University
- California Interscholastic Federation: High School Girls Sports Conference
Most-Requested Speeches and Training
- The Art of Woo: Social Networking and Your Career
Find out how sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook can help -- or hurt -- your career. Topics covered include social media etiquette, how to used LinkedIn, and balancing real life networking with online. This social media workshop is perfect for beginners, recent grads, job seekers, and those in between jobs.
- Empower Your Point
Do you use computer-based slide shows for presentations? Learn the secrets to creating eye-catching, attention-grabbing PowerPoint designs in this fun, engaging course. You will go beyond the basics and into the realm of professional looking presentations. Topics include layout, color choice, and composition while dispelling myths such as the 5x5 rule.
- Light Up the Stage! Build Your Public Speaking Confidence
Take a look behind the curtain and get practical tips for how to apply theatre techniques used by actors in your public speaking -- such as how to breathe, stand, project, and own the stage.
- Design Thinking and User Experience (UX)
How to take a holistic look at the end-to-end experience, whether it be online or in a real life engagement, and apply design thinking in a way that ends up delighting folks.
What Folks Are Saying
"I like the energy you project when you speak. You are such a natural storyteller." - J.M., Toastmaster
"I love your comfortable, confident manner. You are humorous and very smooth." - H.L., attendee
"Clear, confident delivery; well organized and very educational. You are a great role model." - J.F., attendee
"That was the best presentation of the subject I have ever seen -- really." - T.H., client
"I'm so impressed with your natural ability to seem calm and composed." - C.W., attendee